By JAVIER MANJARRES
The rocky relationship between Venezuela and the United States just got bumpier, as Venezuela’s Foreign Minister Elias Jaua said that Venezuela would suspend any and all formal channels of communication with the U.S. Jaua made the statement after taking issue with the comments made by a U.S. diplomat over Venezuela’s upcoming special elections.
During a cereomony honoring the two Venezuelan diplomats who were expelled from the U.S., Jaua accused U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Roberta Jacobson of having violated Venezuela’s sovereignty by openly supporting the Chavez regimes opposition candidate Henrique Capriles. Jaua also reiterated that the current government was focused on steering the country into full-fledge Socialism.
“The only transition in Venezuela is toward socialism, led by Chavez, the late leader of the Bolivarian Revolution.-Elias Jaua, Venezuela’s Foreign Minister
Share and “Like” the story below. Gracias.
As the managing editor of Hispolitica, Javier was awarded the 2011 CPAC Blogger of the Year. Countless videos and articles from the Shark Tank and Hispolitica have been featured on Fox News, The Hill, Wall Street Journal, and other national news publications. Javier has also appeared on Univision’s “Al Punto” and numerous radio shows, including being the weekly 92.5 Fox News' DayBreak with Drew Steele political contributor, as well as one of NewsmaxTV's conservative commentators.
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to Hispolitica!
- Donald Trump Confident He Will Win Hispanics In 2016
- Tensions Increase Between Venezuela And Colombia
- Brian Mast : Illegal Immigration Is A National Security Issue
- Republicans At Odds Over Immigration Reform
- “Anchor Baby” Births Down In U.S.
- Egyptian Military Kills 12 Mexican Tourists
- 3 Illegal Immigrants Shoot Dead 17-Year-Old Student
- Mexico’s Selective Crack Down On Illegal Immigrants