California Congressman Xavier Becerra (D), who if you couldn’t guess from his name is Hispanic, is pushing for same-sex Social Security benefits for those recently married, and future married gay couples.
No matter who we love and marry, we all deserve the same #SocialSecurity marriage benefits.
— Xavier Becerra (@RepBecerra) July 24, 2015
Becerra, along with fellow Democrat members of the House, recently penned a letter to the Social Security Administration, asking them to notify same-sex spouses of the possible benefits they will receive after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriage was allowed in all 50 states.
Here is an excerpt of the letter:
As the managing editor of The Shark Tank, Javier was awarded the 2011 CPAC Blogger of the Year. Countless videos and articles from the Shark Tank have been featured on Fox News, Politico, The Hill, NBC, Wall Street Journal, and other state and national news publications. Javier has also appeared on Univision’s “Al Punto” and numerous TV and radio shows, including being the one of NewsmaxTV's regular commentators. Javier is also a political consultant, and has also authored "BROWN PEOPLE," which is a book about Hispanic Politics. Learn more at www.brownpeople.org
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to Hispolitica
- Cuba official accuses US of lying about sonic attacks
- Rubio shuns Dictator Maduro’s invite to visit Venezuela
- Nelson, Democrats “encourage” Puerto Rican Immigrants to register to vote
- Curbelo says Congressional Hispanic Caucus discriminating against him (Video)
- Rubio clowns around with Venezuela’s Maduro
- Republican Congressman Just Isn’t Brown Enough to Join House Hispanic Caucus
- Trump Adds Venezuela to Controversial Travel Ban
- Trump Poised to Allow DACA Children Stay In US