California Congressman Xavier Becerra (D), who if you couldn’t guess from his name is Hispanic, is pushing for same-sex Social Security benefits for those recently married, and future married gay couples.
No matter who we love and marry, we all deserve the same #SocialSecurity marriage benefits.
— Xavier Becerra (@RepBecerra) July 24, 2015
Becerra, along with fellow Democrat members of the House, recently penned a letter to the Social Security Administration, asking them to notify same-sex spouses of the possible benefits they will receive after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriage was allowed in all 50 states.
Here is an excerpt of the letter:
As the managing editor of Hispolitica, Javier was awarded the 2011 CPAC Blogger of the Year. Countless videos and articles from the Shark Tank and Hispolitica have been featured on Fox News, The Hill, Wall Street Journal, and other national news publications. Javier has also appeared on Univision’s “Al Punto” and numerous radio shows, including being the weekly 92.5 Fox News' DayBreak with Drew Steele political contributor, as well as one of NewsmaxTV's conservative commentators.
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to Hispolitica!
- Donald Trump Confident He Will Win Hispanics In 2016
- Tensions Increase Between Venezuela And Colombia
- Brian Mast : Illegal Immigration Is A National Security Issue
- Republicans At Odds Over Immigration Reform
- “Anchor Baby” Births Down In U.S.
- Egyptian Military Kills 12 Mexican Tourists
- 3 Illegal Immigrants Shoot Dead 17-Year-Old Student
- Mexico’s Selective Crack Down On Illegal Immigrants